The Namotu World Paddle Challenge will not only be one of the most progressive and dynamic racing events in the history of the sport, featuring both long distance and surf sprint formats, but will also be an exciting celebration of the growth and diversity of Stand Up Paddling, one of the world's fastest growing sports.
Events planned include :
- A youth clinic for the underprivileged youth in Fiji to experience Ocean Sports leading to the culturally driven Opening Ceremony at the InterContinental Resort
- 19 mile downwinder from the InterContinental Hotel at Natadola Beach to Namotu Island Resort: following one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world, the steady tradewinds and ideal orientation of the reef will make this one of the most beautiful downwind courses to date, not to mention the beautiful landmarks along the way, such as the infamous Cloudbreak reef
- The Namotu Surf Slalom will be a dynamic and exciting short course that will go in and out of the surf in front of the beautiful Namotu Island Resort providing both thrills and spills for the crowd, the media and the athletes themselves
- The Cloudbreak Surf Exhibition will showcase the magic that Fiji has to offer in the surf, as top athletes such as World Champion Kai Lenny, legends Dave Kalama and Robby Naish and Jamie Mitchell to mention just a few will take on one of the most beautiful waves in the world
- The Musket Cove Fun Day: after all the intense action and competition, the final day of the event will be for all the family, with fun races and relays and a party atmosphere for the closing of this spectacular event.