The following events are scheduled for Suva: One-off Events:
- Rent a home for short stays and use it as your base to explore the rest of Fiji. The home is a split level 3 bedroom residence with fencing and gate. It is newly renovated and tastefully furnished. Check out the photos of the home by searching for "Photos of Suva Short Stay Accommodation" on this blog. Discounts can be given for stays over 2 weeks. To enquire further, pls email firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephones (679) 3342719 or (679)9921427;
- 2010 Bra Art Competition organised by the Fiji Cancer Society - Interested persons are requested to make or decorate a bra. Contact your nearest Westpac branch for a copy of the Bra Art guidelines. Entries close on 22 September with judging to be held on Friday, 1 October with the exhibition of entries to be done during the month of October which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For more information, pls call the Fiji Cancer Society on telephone 3324960 or email email@example.com;
- Call for entries for the 2010 MHCC Fiji Fashion Week as an Emerging Designer or Established Designer, under the numerous various categories of : Ready to wear; Resort; Evening; Street/Urban; Children; Accessories and Jewellery; etc. Interested applicants may obtain an Application Package containing entry guidelines by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling telephone (679) 3576984;
- University of the South Pacific's Gala Reunion for the University's graduates from 1971 to 1980 will be held in late 2010. This is the first in a series of Gala Reunions that will celebrate the University's impact on the Pacific Islands Region and the personal and professional accomplishments of its alumni in Fiji, the region and the world. Alumni are asked to contact the Alumni Officer on telephone (679) 3232039 or email email@example.com;
- Vodafone MIC Show Season 3 Premier, Wednesday, 23 June 2010, and every Wednesdays and Saturdays 7pm thereafter on Fiji One Television;
- Swimming classes for children, begins Saturday, 26 June 2010, at the following scheduled times : 10.00am-10.45 am, 11.00am-11.45 am, 12.00pm-12.45pm, USP swimming pool, Laucala Bay, Suva (classes will run for 8 weeks);
- French Film Night - Paris, Wednesday, 4 August 2010, starting 7pm, AusAid Performance Space, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- 2010 Kaila Star Search - Semi finals, Friday, 6 August;
- 2010 Fiji Secondary Schools Deans Rugby Trophy Semi Finals, Saturday, 7 August 2010, tfl National Stadium, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- 2010 Fiji Fashion Week - Model Audition for Kids, Saturday, 7 August 2010, from 9am, FNU Campus, Carpenter Street, Raiwai, Suva;
- 2010 International School Fun Day, Saturday, 7 August 2010, from 10am to 3pm, International Secondary School, Siga Road, Laucala Beach, Suva;
- Digicel (Rugby) Cup Semi Final - Suva vs Naitasiri, Saturday, 7 August 2010, starting 3pm, Ratu Cakobau Park, Nausori;
- Oceania FUTSAL Championship, from Sunday, 8 August, to Saturday, 14 August 2010, Vodafone Arena, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Learn Fiji-Hindi, French, Japanese and Fijian with the SLAM Language Club, sessions start on the week beginning 9 August 2010 as follows : Tuesdays, 1pm to 2pm, Fiji, Hindi; Wednesdays, 1pm to 2pm, French; Thursdays, 1pm to 2pm, Japanese; Fridays, 1pm to 2pm, Fijian, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- 2010 Vodafone Fiji Hibiscus Fun Run, Saturday, 14 August 2010, starting 7am, Albert Park, Suva;
- Annual Fundraising Walk organised by Walk on Walk Strong, in memory of Tae Kami and her courageous battle against cancer, Saturday, 14 August 2010, along Queen Elizabeth Drive, Suva;
- 2010 Fiji Tourism Forum with the theme "Tourism : Inspiring Fiji's future", Friday, 20 August 2010, from 9am to 5pm, Plantation Island Resort, off Nadi;
- 2010 Fiji Hibiscus Festival, from Friday, 20 August, to Saturday, 28 August 2010, Albert Park, Suva;
- 2010 Kaila Star Search - Finals, Friday, 21 August 2010;
- 2010 Fiji Bra Art Competition - entries close, Wednesday, 22 September 2010;
- 2010 Fiji Bra Art Competition - judging of entries, 1 October 2010, and display of entries during the month of October which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month;
- 2010 Bilibili Races, Monday, 11 October 2010, Sigatoka River, Sigatoka;
- 2010 MHCC Fiji Fashion Week, Monday, 18 October, to Saturday, 23 October 2010, Grande Marquee, Albert Park, Suva;
- Gala Reunion of the University of the South Pacific's graduates from 1971 to 1975, late 2010, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva.
- 2011 Rugby World Cup - Fiji vs Namibia, Saturday, 10 September 2011, Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua, New Zealand;
- 2011 Rugby World Cup - Fiji vs South Africa, Saturday, 17 September 2011, Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand;
- 2011 Rugby World Cup - Fiji vs Samoa, Sunday, 25 September 2011, Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand;
- 2011 Rugby World Cup - Fiji vs Wales, Sunday, 2 October 2011, Waikato Stadium, Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Fiji Arts Council Art Gallery opens daily, including Saturdays, Procera House, opposite RB Patel, Waimanu Road, Suva;
- Fiji Museum displays, daily at The Fiji Museum, Suva;
- Oceania Centre Gallery, opens daily, at the Oceania Centre for Arts & Culture, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Bridge night, every Monday nights, from 6.30 to 9.30pm, The Fiji Club, 1 Selbourne Street, Suva;
- Leonard Aitcheson's Black Belt Special Intensive Program, training done every Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, from 8pm to 9pm, Hyundai Fitness Centre (former Rabuka Gym), Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Taekwondo Classes are held every Mondays and Wednesdays, from 4pm to 5.30pm on each day for Juniors and from 5.30pm to 7pm on each day for adults, Suva Civic Centre; Hapkido classes with Leonard Aitcheson are held every Mondays and Wednesdays, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at the Hyundai Fitness Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- The ROC Market, every third Sunday of the month, outside Dolphins Foodcourt, FNPF Plaza, Victoria Parade, Suva;
- Sunday Church Services, 8am or 10.45am, Wesley Church, Butt Street, Suva;
- Sunday English Church Services, 9am, Calvary Temple, Samabula, Suva.
For accommodation in Suva, please check out our rental homes for short stays (which are self catering as well) by searching for 'Suva Accommodation' or 'Suva Short Stay Accommodation' on this blog. You can also click on the appropriate links at the right hand side of this blog.
Call us on the telephone numbers (679) 3396427, (679) 3342719 or (679) 9921427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listing of events is free, however, we charge a small fee for advertising products and services on the blog. When you advertise with us, you reach our wide readership base from Fiji, Australia, NZ, USA, UK, Europe and Canada by advertising on this blog. Check out our very low rates for commercial ads here.