30 June, 2008
27 June, 2008
- at the National Stadium - 8.30am SGS-MBHS (U14), 9.20am SGS-MBHS (U15), 10.20am SGS-MBHS (U17), 11.30am LBSS-MBT (U19), 12.40pm NAB-MBHS (U19), 2.00pm JR White Cup Challenge: NSS-MBHS (U18), 3.20pm Uluinaceva Shield Challenge: SGS-NSS (U19);
- at Bidesi Park - 9.00am AMC-LDS (U15), 10.00am MBHS-DHS (U16), 11.00am NAB-AOG (U17), 12.10pm GHS-Lami (U18), 1.20pm NAB-SGS (U18);
- at Buckhurst Park - 9.00am LBSS-GHS (U15), 10.00am CSS-RSMS (U16), 11.10am Lami-GHS (U16), 12.20pm SSC-LDS (U16), 1.30pm JWC-LDS (U18).
Admission fees are F$5.00 per person to the Grandstand, and F$3.00 per person to the embankment. Children in school uniform pay F$2.00 per student.
- Under 10 & Under 16;
- Tee-Ball games for children between the ages 8yrs-10yrs old;
- Under 15 "A" games for boys between the ages 11yrs-15yrs old.
A National Athletics competition will be held today, Friday, 27 June 2008, from 6pm at the National Stadium, Laucala Bay, Suva. Events include :
- 6pm, 3000m Women's final, 3000m Men's final, Shot Put Men's final, Long Jump Men's final;
- 6.30pm, 100m Women's final, 100m Men's final, High Jump Men's final;
- 7.00pm, 400m Women's final, 400m Men's final;
- 7.30pm, 800m Women's final, 800 Men's final, Discus Men's final, Discus Women's final, Long Jump Women's final;
- 8pm, 200m Women's final, 200m Men's final, High Jump Women's final.
22 June, 2008
- Arts for Kids by Kathy Oyagawa, starts from 5 April 2008, Fiji Museum, Suva;
- Fiji Second School Term, from Monday, 12 May, to Friday, 15 August 2008;
- Annual FAME awards - call for entries, check out http://www.fijimediacouncil.com/ for more details, entries close 5pm, 18 July, 2008;
- Term 2 Alliance Francaise's organised French, Fijian and Hindi lessons, from 19 May to 8 August 2008, Alliance Francaise, Suva;
- Book launch of "Media and Development : Issues and Challenges in the Pacific Islands", edited by Shailendra Singh and Professor Biman Prasad, Monday, 23 June 2008, 12pm to 2pm, at the Senate Conference Room, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Fiji Boxing Federation's monthly competition, starts from 24 June 2008, Raiwai Youth Club, Raiwai, Suva;
- 2008 International Game Fishing tournament, from 26 to 28 June 2008, Pearl South Pacific Resort, Pacific Harbour;
- Basic Computing Skills for Office Workers course, from Tuesday, 1 July, to Friday, 11 July 2008, 5.15pm to 8.15pm daily, School of Computing Post Graduate Computer Lab, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Fiji International Kids Triathlon 2008 tournament, from 6 July, 2008, Hobie Cat Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Artists resident in Fiji, working in 2D and 3D to submit original works for the Fiji Arts Club Annual Art Exhibition and Competition by 1 August 2008, 10am and 5pm; The Playhouse, Selbourne Street, Suva;
- Fiji Arts Club Annual Art Exhibition and Competition (sponsored by ANZ Bank), 4 to 9 August 2008, The Playhouse, Selbourne Street, Suva;
- Hibiscus Festival, Friday, 15 August, to Saturday, 23 August 2008, Albert Park, Suva; Swimming Grand Prix 1, 16 August 2008, National Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Mr Suva Bodybuilding Competition, 16 August 2008, Suva;
- Third School Term, from Monday, 1 September, to Friday, 28 November 2008;
- Swimming Grand Prix 2, 13 September 2008, National Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Fiji Rugby League World Cup match - Fiji vs France, 1 November 2008, WIN Stadium, Wollongong, Australia;
- Rugby League World Cup match - Fiji vs Scotland, 5 November 2008, Bluetongue Stadium, Central Coast, Australia;
- Fiji National Age & Open Short Course Swimming Champs, 21 and 22 November 2008, National Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva.
- Horse Riding, Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 5pm and Saturdays and Sundays, 7am to 4pm, Suva Pony Club, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Suva;
- Fiji Museum displays, daily at The Fiji Museum, Suva;
- Oceania Centre Gallery, opens daily, at the Oceania Centre for Arts & Culture, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Bridge night, every Monday nights, from 6.30 to 9.30pm, The Fiji Club, 1 Selbourne Street, Suva;
- Suva Taekwondo Classes, every Mondays and Wednesdays, 4.30pm to 5.30pm - Junior Classes, 5.30pm to 7pm -Senior Classes, Suva Civic Centre;
- Waitui Cycle Rides, Mondays and Wednesdays, from 5pm, Waitui Cycles, Garden City, Raiwai, Suva;
- Hapkido Self Defence Classes, every Mondays and Wednesdays, 6.45pm to 7.45pm, Hyundai Fitness Centre, National Sporting Complex, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), meets every Mondays and Thursdays, at 5.30pm, Mitchell Clinic, 83 Princes Road, Tamavua, Suva;
- Capital Toastmasters, every Tuesday (beginning 29 January 2008), from 5.30pm to 6.30pm, JJ's Boardroom, Suva;
- Karate classes, Tuesdays, 4pm to 5.30pm, Thursdays, 5.30pm to 7pm, and Saturdays, 2pm to 4pm, Suva Civic Centre;
- Hapkido Self Defence Classes, every Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, China Club, Nasese, Suva;
- Jazz at the Holiday Inn with Tom Mawi, every Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 6pm to 10pm, Holiday Inn;
- Arts Village Firewalking Show, 11am to 12pm, every Saturday, Grandstand, Arts Village, Pacific Harbour;
- Arts for Kids, 2 or 3 Saturdays every month, starting 5 April 2008, Fiji Museum, Suva;
- The Roc Market, every third Sunday of the month, outside Dolphins Foodcourt, FNPF Plaza, Victoria Parade, Suva;
- Waitui Cycle Rides, every Sundays, 6am to 6.3oam, from Waitui Cycles, Garden City, Raiwai, Suva;
- Sunday Church Services, 8am or 10.45am, Wesley Church, Butt Street, or 9am at Calvary Temple, Samabula, Suva.
To list your events on this blog, pls call us on (679) 3342719 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listing of events is free, however, we charge a small fee for advertising products and services on the blog. When you advertise with us, you reach our wide readership base from Fiji, Australia, NZ, USA, UK, Europe and Canada by advertising on this blog. Check out our very low rates for commercial ads here.
- Dr Ganesh Chand, Director, Fiji Institute of Technology;
- Mr Matai Akauola, Pacific Islands News Association;
- Ms Merana Kitione, Manager News and Current Affairs, Fiji TV; and
- Mr Samisoni Pareti, a freelance journalist.
For more information, pls contact Ms Bhavna Ram on telephone (679) 3232547 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Microsoft Windows XP;
- Microsoft Word;
- Microsoft Excel; and
- Microsoft PowerPoint.
21 June, 2008
19 June, 2008
- Primary School Individual
- Secondary School Individual
- Family Groups
- Open Individual
- Masters Individual
- Athletes with disability
Entry Fees are $1 for students and $2 for adults. For more information, please contact FASANOC on telephone (679) 3303525.”
17 June, 2008
16 June, 2008
- Half Distance (Swim, Run, Bike);
- Swim (Ocean) and Bike/Run;
- Half Tri;
- Super Sprint; and
- a Junior event.
09 June, 2008
- 16 August 2008, Swimming Grand Prix 1, National Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- 13 September 2008, Swimming Grand Prix 2, National Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva;
- 21 and 22 November 2008, Fiji National Age & Open Short Course Swimming Champs, National Aquatic Centre, Laucala Bay, Suva.
For more information, pls e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
06 June, 2008
- total number of visits - 1,911;
- total number of page views - 2,713;
- top 15 countries of origin of readers and no of visits per country - Fiji, 559; United States, 448; Australia, 266; New Zealand, 152; Canada, 76; United Kingdom, 64; Ivory Coast, 45; Germany, 20; India, 20; France, 18; Nigeria, 18; Malaysia, 13; Senegal, 13; Japan, 13; Benin, 10;
- top 10 referring source - google / organic, 1,552; yahoo / organic, 92; (direct) / (none), 43; images.google.com / referral, 19; blogger.com / referral, 18; live / organic, 16; tripadvisor.com / referral, 12; google.com / referral, 10; aol / organic, 9; mytelus.com / referral, 9;
- top 20 keywords used in searches - tappoos fiji, 15; tappoos, 11; suva, 10; fiji activities, 9; suva fiji, 9; activities in suva, fiji, 7; activities in suva fiji, 5; promoting suva, 5; suva fiji activities, 5; activities in suva, 4; fiji shopping, 4; fijian recipes, 4; lenora qereqeretabua, 4; mhcc suva fiji, 4; suva, fiji activities, 4; 2008 wai tui cup, 3; activities in fiji, 3; adi cakobau school, 3; cherie oyagawa, 3; connect fiji discount ovreseas calls, 3.
- total number of visits - 1,865;
- total number of page views - 2,607;
- top 15 countries of origin of readers and no of visits per country - Fiji, 556; United States, 448; Australia, 257; New Zealand, 154; United Kingdom, 77; Canada, 60; Ivory Coast, 31; India, 23; Nigeria, 20; France, 16; Japan, 16; Germany, 16; Senegal, 15; South Africa, 13; Ghana, 10;
- top 10 referring source - google / organic, 1,539; yahoo / organic, 86; (direct) / (none), 45; blogger.com / referral, 23; images.google.com / referral, 18; live / organic, 17; aol / organic, 9; msn / organic, 8; bulafiji.blogspot.com / referral, 7; search / organic, 7;
- top 20 keywords used in searches - activities in fiji, 19; fiji activities, 16; tappoos fiji, 11; tapoos, 7; tappoos, 7; dinesh lal yadav, 4; fiji celebrations, 4; idc 2007 fiji in suva, 4; shopping in suva, 4; suva, 4; suva fiji activities, 4; http://www.connect.com.fj/, 4; accommodation in samabula suva, 3; adi cakobau school, 3; events in fiji, 3; fiji tappoos, 3; fijian recipes, 3; mhcc fiji, 3; miss fiji, 3; morris hedstrom, 3.
- Readership of the blog fell slight in May 2008 compared to the month earlier;
- Readers from Fiji, USA, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and Canada continue to form our largest readership group being 83% of our blog readers. Readers from these countries can best be targeted for marketing from this blog;
- Our top referring site, google.com, continues to take off and remained the site with the highest number of referrals. Our site's search ranking on Google continues to do well with most searches, e.g. for 'Suva activities', 'Suva events', 'Suva Sports', 'Suva art', 'Suva craft', 'Suva tourist activities', 'Suva shopping', our site usually appears on Page 1;
- Keyword searches indicate that readers are searching for a broad range of issues from individuals, to activities, to places and sights, to shopping and art. Most notable is the increased searches for 'Fiji activities'.
- 8 June, 5pm, Solomon Islands vs New Zealand;
- 8 June, 6.30pm, Tuvalu vs Vanuatu;
- 8 June, 8pm, Fiji vs New Caledonia;
- 9 June, 5pm, New Zealand vs Vanuatu;
- 9 June, 6.30pm, Solomon Islands vs New Caledonia;
- 9 June, 8pm, Tuvalu vs Tahiti;
- 10 June, 5pm, Vanuatu vs New Caledonia;
- 10 June, 6.30pm, New Zealand vs Tahiti;
- 10 June, 8pm, Solomon Islands vs Fiji;
- 11 June, 5pm, New Caledonia vs Tahiti;
- 11 June, 6.30pm, Vanuatu vs Fiji;
- 11 June, 8pm, New Zealand vs Tuvalu;
- 12 June, 5pm, Tahiti vs Fiji;
- 12 June, 6.30pm, New Caledonia vs Tuvalu;
- 12 June, 8pm, Vanuatu vs Solomon Islands;
- 13 June, 5pm, Fiji vs Tuvalu;
- 13 June, 6.30pm, Tahiti vs Solomon Islands;
- 13 June, 8pm, New Caledonia vs New Zealand;
- 14 June, 5pm, Tuvalu vs Solomon Islands;
- 14 June, 6.30pm, Fiji vs New Zealand;
- 14 June, 8pm, Tahiti vs Vanuatu.