- each entrant is to submit one original short story of not less than 2,000 and not more than 3,000 words on a topic of the entrant's choice;
- submissions must be the original work of the entrant and to express aspects of life in Fiji;
- submissions can either be in Fiji Hindi or Standard Hindi;
- Standard Hindi submissions must be typed or handwritten in Devanagari script while Fiji Hindi submissions can either be in Devanagari or Roman script;
- each entrant should affirm that his/her story has not been submitted or been awarded a prize in any other contest or competition and that is contains no obscene, defamatory, threatening or otherwise inappropriate for publication.
Judging will be by a panel selected by the University of the South Pacific.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners during the National Hindi Day Celebrations on Tuesday, 18 September 2007.
Entries close on 27 July 2007 and are to be sent to : Dr Indu Chandra, Coordinator - Hindi Studies, School of Language, Arts & Media, Faculty of Arts and Law, The University of the South Pacific, Private Mail Bag, Suva.
For more information, pls call telephones (679) 3232672 or (679) 3232879.