- 2002-2003 Household Income and Expenditure Survey; and
- 2004-2005 Employment and Unemployment Survey.
- Welcome and Introduction by the Chair, Professor Biman Prasad, Head of School of Economics;
- Speech and Launching by Timoci Bainimarama, Government Statistician;
- Presentation by Professor Wardan Narsey on four key findings of the two reports : 1) What is the rate of poverty in Fiji? Who are the poor? Where should Fiji's "affirmative action" policies be focused? 2) It may be "more blessed to give than to receive". But why are only the poorest rural Fijians so blessed? 3) Surely the rate of unemployment in Fiji is not the official recorded 4.6%? 4) Are the men and boys of Fiji really not pulling their weight in the household work?
Light refreshments will be served after the presentation.