- Topic : "Media Freedom during a State of Emergency";
- Speaker : Chris McLeod, Editorial Development Manager, The Herald and Weekly Times Pty Limited, Victoria, Australia;
- Moderator : Daryl Tarte, Chairman, Fiji Media Council;
- Date : Thursday, 3 May 2007;
- Time : from 7.00pm;
- Venue : Oceania Centre, University of the South Pacific, Laucala Bay, Suva.
A panel discussion will follow the address by the speaker. Panellists will be :
- Dr Steve Ratuva, Senior Lecturer, School of Social Sciences, University of the South Pacific - representing the public;
- Sophie Foster, freelance journalist - representing the media;
- Captain Esala Teleni, Deputy Commander, FMF - representing the State.
Admission is free. Light refreshments to be served.