- review the number of vehicle registration licences issued each year to try to set a limit/ceiling on the number of vehicles on our roads e.g. the Singapore system;
- redistribute the layout of housing settlements to areas inland where new roads can be built to ease the traffic from around the already over-populated semi-urban areas between Suva and Nausori;
- put in place a new (train) rail system between Suva and Nausori and offer incentives for travel by rail with some penalties impose on those wishing to enjoy their own vehicles;
- look at moving housing developments to past the Lami area and install a sea taxi system to get workers and students from there through to Suva by sea (from Lami or the Ministry of Fisheries jetty past Lami);
- employers to allow flexi-time schedules to enable workers to come in later in the morning to work and avoid the traffic jam (workers can also use the time to attend to other chores);
- schools to move starting times to 9am or 9.15am and finish off around 3.30pm thereby ensuring that they are not on the road at the same time as workers going to or coming back from work and thus relieve traffic congestion.
Those are a few, I could think of. Anyone, wants to add on to the list? Feel free to do so.